Last updated August 13, 2018
How We Protect You
Information We Collect
We collect personal information from you if you use our website, fill out forms on our website or on paper at events, or use any of our web-based products or services. The types of personal information we collect include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Contact details, such as name, title, company name, email address, phone number, and mailing address
- Taxpayer ID numbers (including social security numbers in the case of sole proprietors)
- Credit card information processed by our payment processor (Buildium does not retain your full credit card information)
- Personalization information including, but not limited to, an uploaded profile photo
- Details about your interest in our products and services
- Responses to surveys, polls, or assessments
- Information collected automatically from our website visitors including, but not limited to, your IP address, web browser, language, operating system, the date and time you accessed our website, and the link from which you accessed our website
How We Use Your Personal Information
- To deliver services, products, or transactions that you have requested
- To improve our website, including upgrading security measures
- To send you promotional materials or communications regarding our content and services that we feel may be of interest to you
- To evaluate the products and services that we offer and develop new or improved products or services and to better understand Buildium’s business environment
- For educational purposes, such as polls conducted in webinars
- To conduct general research on topics of interests to Buildium and its customers
How We Share Your Personal Information
We may share your information for any of these purposes with the following individuals and entities:
- Services used by Buildium to aid our ability to provide the best possible experience to you.
- Buildium may need to share your information for law enforcement or other legal purposes. This type of sharing may be necessary in connection with a lawsuit, claim or investigation, governmental inquiry, court order, enforcement of legal rights (e.g., contract terms, intellectual property rights, etc.), safety issue, or other similar legal or security matter. Sharing your information for these reasons is not a regular event, but could arise from time to time. We will strive to limit the types and amount of information we may need to share for legal purposes to that which is reasonably necessary.
Transfer of Information to the United States
Buildium retains personal information for as long as we have a legitimate business relationship with you or with an organization with which you are affiliated (such as your employer). We may also retain personal information about prospective customers or prospective employees until we determine that it is unlikely that we will provide you with services and/or employ you. We also may retain your personal information for as long as necessary to comply with our legal or contractual obligations.
If you do not want to receive promotional or marketing communications from Buildium, you may opt-out at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the end of our emails. If you choose to unsubscribe, we will retain your contact information to ensure that we do not contact you again.
If you are located in the European Union, you may have the following legal rights under European Union law:
- To withdraw consent at any time, if we are processing your personal information on the basis of consent
- To access the personal information Buildium has about you
- To request that Buildium rectify or erase your personal information
- To request that Buildium restrict the way it uses your personal information
- To object to the way Buildium uses your personal information
- To ask Buildium to transfer your personal information to someone else
- To lodge a complaint with a data protection agency in the European Union
EU residents that would like to request that their data be securely removed from our systems please follow these steps outlined in our Data Removal Process. If you are unable to remove the data please send a request to email@example.com and Buildium will remove all relevant data, so long as that removal is technically feasible, does not impact the accounting or business practices of our customers, and does not violate other regulatory or legal standards with which Buildium must comply.
Data Protection Addendum
Follow this link to the Data Protection Addendum which includes all required terms for GDPR compliance, plus Standard Contractual Clauses which serve as a safeguard to govern transfers of personal data out of the EU/EEA/Switzerland.
Buildium uses a number of security technologies and procedures to ensure your personal information is protected from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. However, we cannot guarantee that third parties will not overcome these measures and gain access to your information. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Buildium disclaims any warranty or guarantee that your information will be protected from misuse, appropriation, alteration, or loss.
Links to External Websites
Cookies We Use
For California Residents
California “Do Not Track” Notice. Buildium does not currently recognize and process “do not track” signals from different web browsers. For more information on “do not track” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.org.
California Privacy Rights. Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California have the right to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information with respect to the types of personal information the business shares with third parties for direct marketing purposes by such a third party and the identities of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and want a copy of this notice, please submit an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your request, please specify that you want a “Your Buildium California Privacy Rights Notice.” Please allow 30 days for a response.
If you have questions about how we handle your personal data, please contact us by phone or email.
Phone number: 1-888-414-1988