Tenant screening is the process of evaluating and qualifying a prospective tenant by looking at their credit history, criminal record, employment status, rental history and more.
When it comes to filling vacancies with qualified residents, Buildium’s Tenant Screening software can do a lot, including:
- Increase efficiency by automating the screening process, which saves you a significant amount of time and effort.
- Improve accuracy using reliable data sources to verify a prospective tenant’s information, resulting in fewer errors.
- Identifying residents who are more likely to pay rent on time and take care of the property.
- Reduce risk by raising red flags on questionable applicants with criminal records or prior evictions.
- Ensure a process that complies with fair housing laws and other regulations, minimizing your exposure.
The cost of tenant screening normally varies and depends on several factors, including the type of screening and the screening provider.
With Buildium, Tenant Screening costs $15 per screen (or $30 per screen if you pass the cost to the applicant) and Enhanced Tenant Screening is $18 per screen.
In general, most background checks take 2-7 business days to complete, although some may take longer. The tenant initiates the process by submitting their information and consent to a background check.
With Buildium, reports are generated within minutes of the applicant completing the screening process.