Build U. Scholarship
Great companies are built on a shared set of values. Over time, those values may evolve and grow, but the underlying message stays the same: create a great product that customers love.
At least, that’s what we believe to be true at Buildium. More specifically, we believe that the most successful companies:
Focus on customers first
Are helpful and supportive
Communicate openly and honestly
Are nimble and flexible
Take initiative and work hard
Are passionate and have fun
As members of the tech community, we also believe that the best engineers, designers, and developers define themselves by the above values. Which is why we award one $2,500 scholarship each semester to a student who tells us about a company they admire that exemplifies any of the above core values.
Think you’re up for the challenge? Read on to find out about submission deadlines and requirements.
*As of Fall 2017, we introduced a second part of the submission process: video supplement. Both an essay and video are required for all submissions.
In less than 1,000 words, tell us which company or organization (other than Buildium) you think best exemplifies one of the above core values and how?
- All essays can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line of “Build U. Scholarship – [Your Name].”
- Please attach them as a Word document or PDF. Essays submitted in the email body cannot be processed.
- Please also attach a copy of your unofficial transcript as proof of your enrollment. If you are currently enrolled in your first semester, please send a copy of your acceptance letter. No other alternative forms of documentation will be accepted.
- In the body of your email, please include the following exactly:
- First Name Last Name
- Email address
- Phone number
- The school you are attending.
- Your major/concentration
- Expected Graduation year
Please record a short video in response to this question: “What would the Build U. Scholarship mean for your education?”
- Video entries must be 1-2 minutes in length and can be recorded using a smartphone.
Please state your name in the video and repeat the prompt when answering the question. Example: “Hi, my name is Lauren Mason. Winning the Build U. Scholarship would mean that I am able to start next semester with a little less stress knowing that my book fees are covered and…”
- If shot using a smartphone, please record it in landscape (not portrait) mode. Phone should be held longways/horizontally.
- Be CREATIVE and make it personal! You can talk from the heart, do a skit, do a demonstration, walk us through your school or classrooms—anything!
To be considered fully eligible, video submissions must meet the following criteria:
- Videos must answer the prompt listed above. “What would the Build U. Scholarship mean for your education?”
- Videos must be original and should not include musical overlay.
- Videos can be sent as a link (if stored on YouTube or Vimeo), emailed with your essay submission if the file size is allowed, or it can be sent separately as a TEXT MESSAGE to the following email: email@example.com. Please remember to include your name! 🙂
You must be enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate degree program in the United States or Canada, majoring in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM).
Applicants must be 18 years of age or older at the date of submission and in good academic standing with their college or university. We cannot accept applications from high school students, regardless of age. This scholarship is only for students CURRENTLY enrolled and actively studying in an undergraduate or graduate level program.
Our Fall 2018 Scholarship opens on October 1st and closes on November 1st. We will begin accepting applications again for our Spring scholarship rotation on March 15, 2019 and it closes on April 15, 2019.
**We operate under the same cycle every year.**
Who are some of the past winners?
- Jessica Ray, Fall 2017
- Kaia Arthur, Spring 2017
- Heejung Chung, Fall 2016
- Priyanka Sekhar, Fall 2015
- Ian Murphy, Spring 2015
- Andrew Singer, Fall 2014
- Debra Jensen, Spring 2014
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any other questions, and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
Applications submitted outside of the 1 month acceptance window will not be read or considered.
All Right Reserved
Buildium reserves the right to terminate this promotion without notice as deemed appropriate to Buildium LLC. Notwithstanding said termination, the scholarships will be awarded as set forth in these Official Rules.
Limitation of Liability
Buildium LLC is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, technical error, or human error which may occur in the processing of entries and submissions. Buildium assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or alteration of entries. Buildium reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Buildium Build U. Scholarship, in whole or in part, at any time.
Selection of Winners
Following the November 1st, deadline, Buildium will contact the winner via email within 3 months. One (1) winner will be selected from among the applicants, notified and announced by January 31, 2019. The odds of winning depend on the quality of each entry. The decisions of judges are final. Winners will be notified via email. Acceptance of award constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use winners names, cities, states, likenesses and/or voices for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity without additional compensation. Awards will be sent to the winners after all required proof and documentation is received.
Terms and Conditions
By entering, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Buildium, which shall be final. All applicable federal, provincial, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Except where prohibited by law, participation constitutes the participant’s consent to Buildium’s use of their names, cities and states of residence, and entries (videos) for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes in any media, online or offline, without further permission, consent, payment or other consideration. If, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the promotion, Buildium reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion and to select winners from among all eligible entries received prior to the date of termination. Buildium reserves the right to amend or modify the Terms & Conditions at any time during the promotion.