Buildium’s Build U. Scholarship
Thanks for your interest in the Build U. Scholarship! We’re updating the question for Spring 2016 submissions, which open on March 15. Please check back soon!
Integrity. Simplicity. Balance. Service. Ownership.
We believe great companies are built upon a set of shared values like these (which happen to be our company values). Great software companies are also built upon quality design and engineering.
Buildium’s Build U. Scholarship awards one $2,500 prize each semester to the Product Design, Interaction Design, UX Design, or Computer Science student who answers our latest essay question. The topic? Service, one of our core values. And the question? Which company or organization today provides the greatest service to its customers through software development and/or design?
The catch: You’ve got 1,000 words. Keep it short and sweet, but make it powerful and compelling. We’ll read all the essays and pick the one that best exemplifies how ownership leads to a better company.
That’s it. Now it’s time to write…
- Two $2,500 cash scholarships will be awarded.
- One scholarship will be awarded in the fall, another in the spring.
- Applications will be reviewed by a selection committee made up of members of the Buildium Marketing team, with input from other teams. The decision of the committee will be based on originality and quality of writing.
- Submission deadlines are October 31, 2015 (fall) and April 15, 2016 (spring).
- Winners will be notified via email by November 15, 2015 (fall) and April 30, 2016 (spring).
- For the Spring scholarship, we will begin accepting essays and transcripts no earlier than March 15, 2016.
- College or university student in good standing at an accredited public or private U.S. university.
- Must be enrolled in a Product Design, Interaction Design, UX Design, or Computer Science degree program (undergraduate or graduate) — students not currently enrolled and attending are not eligible
- Student must be at least 18 years of age.
- One entry per student per semester.
- Please email your essay to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should read “Build U. Scholarship Essay,” and students should include their first and last name, email address, and phone number.
- Additionally, attach a copy of your unofficial transcript to your email in PDF format to verify your enrollment.
Buildium | 38 Chauncy St. | 12th Floor | Boston, MA 02111 | 888-414-1933