Buildium’s Build U. Scholarship
Integrity. Simplicity. Balance. Service. Ownership.
We believe great companies are built upon a set of shared values like these (which happen to be our company values). Great software companies are also built upon quality design and engineering.
Buildium’s Build U. Scholarship awards one $2,500 prize each semester to the Product Design, Interaction Design, UX Design, Engineering, or Computer Science student who best explains how having a shared set of beliefs is important for building a great company.
The catch: You’ve got 1,000 words. Keep it short and sweet, but make it powerful and compelling. We’ll read all the essays and pick the one that best exemplifies how shared beliefs can build a better company.
That’s it. Now get writing!
- Two $2,500 cash scholarships will be awarded.
- One scholarship will be awarded in the fall, another in the spring.
- Applications will be reviewed by a selection committee made up of members of the Buildium Marketing team, with input from other teams. The decision of the committee will be based on originality and quality of writing.
- Submission deadlines: October 31, 2014 (fall) and April 1, 2015 (spring). [note: extended entry deadline 30 days for Fall entry]
- Winners will be notified via email by November 28, 2014 (fall) and April 30, 2015 (spring).
- College or university student in good standing at an accredited public or private university. (Please attach a copy of your unofficial transcript to your email in PDF format for verification.)
- Must be enrolled in a Product Design, Interaction Design, UX Design, Engineering, or Computer Science program.
- Student must be at least 18 years of age.
- One entry per student per semester.
- Please email your essay to email@example.com. The subject line should read “Build U. Scholarship Essay,” and students should include their first and last name, email address, and phone number.
Buildium | 38 Chauncy St. | 12th Floor | Boston, MA 02111 | 888-414-1933