Buildium’s Build U. Scholarship
Integrity. Simplicity. Balance. Service. Ownership.
We believe great companies are built upon a set of shared values like these (which happen to be our company values). Great software companies are also built upon quality design and engineering.
Buildium’s Build U. Scholarship awards one $2,000 prize each semester to the Product Design, Interaction Design, Engineering, or Computer Science student who best explains how having a shared set of beliefs is important for building a great company.
The catch: You’ve got 1,000 words. Keep it short and sweet, but make it powerful and compelling. Then email your essay to email@example.com. We’ll read all the essays and pick the one that best exemplifies how shared beliefs can build a better company.
That’s it. Now get writing!
- Two $2,000 cash scholarships will be awarded.
- One scholarship will be awarded in the fall, another in the spring.
- Applications will be reviewed by a selection committee made up of members of the Buildium Marketing team, with input from other teams. The decision of the committee will be based on originality and quality of writing.
- Submission deadlines: April 1, 2014 (spring) and October 1, 2014 (fall)
- Winners will be notified via email by April 30, 2014 and October 31, 2014
- College or university student in good standing at an accredited public or private university. (Please attach a copy of your unofficial transcript to your email in PDF format for verification.)
- Must be enrolled in a Product Design, Interaction Design, Engineering, or Computer Science program.
- Student must be at least 18 years of age.
- One entry per student per semester.
- Please use email. The subject line should read “Scholarship Essay” and students should include their first and last name, email address, and phone number.
- We love legible fonts, so please use Arial, Times New Roman, etc.
- Someone already wrote War and Peace. Please keep it to 1,000 words.
Wait! Keep reading if you hate doing laundry…
We want to reward people like you who read all the way to the end of long and rambling and repetitive and repetitive and wordy and verbose scholarship announcements. Mention the super secret code word DMARK when you submit your application to enter a bonus drawing for a bunch of free (and super cool) Buildium t-shirts in your choice of sizes. We’ll have a drawing each semester. Good luck!
Buildium | 38 Chauncy St. | 12th Floor | Boston, MA 02111 | 888-414-1933