We’re excited to announce that last night, our team was named one of BostInno’s 50 on Fire, an annual awards program honoring the year’s most groundbreaking individuals and organizations across industries in the Boston area.
Only five winners in each category were ultimately chosen from the 1,500 nominations originally submitted, so this is a huge testament to the great work the Buildium team has done over the year—and the loyal customers that make it all possible.
We hit the ground running early in the year with the acquisition of All Property Management (APM) in February. And a few months later we moved our headquarters to downtown Boston because of our rapidly expanding team—all the while helping property managers oversee nearly one million residential apartment units in 46 countries. Needless to say, it’s been a big year!
But, our team only succeeds when our customers succeed—which is why offering expert advice and unsurpassed support remains our top priority.
Some of our success is due to the fact that the demand for an easy-to-use property management solution has grown wildly in 2015:
7 Habits of Highly Successful Property Managers Guide
You will discover creative ways to identify and eliminate routines that are no longer benefiting your business.Download
- The growing desire to do everything online or on a mobile device—including paying rent and scheduling maintenance calls—means property management companies need to upgrade the way they do business to cater to this important group of renters.
- The increasing disparity between salaries and housing prices, as well as the rising cost of college tuition and associated debt, has created a strong demand for rental units, therefore increasing the demand for property management services.
As we identified those needs, we expanded our business from a variety of angles. Here’s what we’re celebrating as we close out the year:
- Rolling out new product features that make it easier to market to renters, like premium tenant screening, fee flexibility for online payments, vehicle and appliance tracking, SMS/texting, and partial bill pay, just to name a few
- In February, we acquired All Property Management (APM), allowing our team to expand our services to new property owners and cultivate those relationships.
- In March, the customer care team won two Stevie Awards, including a Gold “Young Customer Service Professional of the Year” for Jeana Pondelli —a true testament to the team’s dedication to customer success
- In April, we partnered with TransUnion to offer tenant screening to property managers so customers can access credit data and analytics to make more informed decisions when screening applicants.
- In August, we moved our headquarters to a 15,000-square foot location in Post Office Square! Over the year, we’ve hired 59 new employees to meet customer demand. In 2016, we’re planning to increase our headcount by another 25 employees.
- Also in August, we were named one of the fastest-growing private companies in the U.S by Inc. magazine.—for the fourth year in a row!
From day one, our goal has been to grow with our customers, and the last year is evidence that we (and our customers) are succeeding. Thank you to the 50 on Fire judges, and the Boston community for recognizing that Buildium is, in fact, on fire! We’re looking forward to an even more successful 2016 for our customers and ourselves!
Want to learn more about the other 50 on Fire winners? Check out the event video from BostInno.Read more on Buildium News